MICHIGAN WEB ACCOUNT MANAGER (MIWAM)
- Sign up for an online account to file your claim. Perform other routine transactions such certifying for benefits, viewing correspondence, and updating your unemployment claim information online. The system is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Send UIA a message or chat with one of our agents through MiWAM. From your MiWAM account home page, click to...
- "Chat with an agent" during regular business hours of M-F between 8:00am - 5:00pm
- "Send Unemployment a message" during non-business hours.
UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE
- CLAIMANTS; Call 1-866-500-0017 - Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- EMPLOYERS: Call 1-855-484-2636 - Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- If you need a Spanish-speaking representative, wait until you hear the option in Spanish. for all other languages, the customer service representative will connect you to a translator for assistance.
- If you are hearing impaired, TTY service is available at 1-866-366-0004
- Call 1-866-638-3993 to certify for unemployment benefit payments. Monday - Saturday; 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Office of Employer Ombudsman -1-855-484-2636
- Send a message or inquiry through MiWAM. From your MiWAM account home page, click I want to . . . then click "send Unemployment a message."
- FAX protests or other correspondence to: 517-636-0427; Fax appeals to 616-356-0739.
- Please include your name, Michigan Identification Number (MIN), signature and date on all correspondence.
- Protests only: Unemployment Insurance Agency, P.O. Box 169, Grand Rapids, MI 49501-0169
- Appeals only: Unemployment Insurance Agency, P.O. Box 124, Grand Rapids, MI 49501-0124
UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE LOCAL OFFICES
- For questions regarding a benefit overpayment, contact the Benefit Overpayment Collection Unit at 1-866-500-0017 (TTY customers use 1-866-366-0004).
Make your check or money order payable to "State of Michigan. Mail to:
State of Michigan
Unemployment Insurance - Restitution
Dept # 771760
PO Box 77000
Detroit MI 48277-1760
Mail requests and correspondence to:
Benefit Overpayment Collection Unit
P.O. Box 169
Grand Rapids, MI 49501
BANKRUPTCY AND FRIEND OF THE COURT
Mail correspondence to:
3024 W. Grand Blvd. Ste 12-100
Detroit, MI 48202
OFFICES CLOSED DURING THE FOLLOWING HOLIDAYS - 2019
Tuesday, January 1, 2019 - New Year's Day
Monday, January 21, 2019 - Martin Luther King Jr Day
Monday, February 18, 2019 - President's Day
Monday, May 27, 2019 - Memorial Day
Thursday, July 4, 2019 - Independence Day
Monday, September 2, 2019 - Labor Day
Monday, November 11, 2019 - Veterans Day
Thursday, November 28, 2019 - Thanksgiving Eve
Friday, November 29, 2019 - Thanksgiving Day
Tuesday, December 24, 2019 - Christmas Eve
Wednesday, December 25, 2019 - Christmas Day
Tuesday, December 31, 2019 - New Year's Eve