Detroit FRC School District Meeting Minutes August 23, 2021
Detroit Financial Review Commission
SCHOOL DISTRICT REGULAR MEETING
Monday, August 23, 2021
Following the City's Regular Meeting
(Begins no earlier than 1:05 p.m.)
Using Microsoft Teams
Approved: September 27, 2021
- Call to Order
- Madame Chair, Rachael Eubanks called the meeting to order at 1:13 p.m.
- Roll Call
Members Present - 9
- Dr. Barnwell
- Rachael Eubanks
- Dave Massaron
- David Nicholson
- Angelique Peterson-Mayberry
- Jay Rising (non-voting on DPSCD matters)
- Ron Rose
- Jeremy Vidito
- John Walsh
Members Absent - 1
- Brenda Jones (non-voting on DPSCD matters)
Let the record show that eight (8) Commission members eligible to vote on matters relating to DPSCD were present. A quorum was present.
- Approval of proposed Minutes from the FRC's July 26, 2021, School District Monthly Meeting
- Motion made by Commissioner Peterson-Mayberry and supported by Commissioner Nicholson to approve the draft minutes of the Commission's July 26, 2021, School District Meeting. The Commission approved the minutes of the July 26, 2021, meeting as presented.
- Executive Director's Report
- Patrick Dostine, Executive Director, informed the meeting that in reviewing the monthly financial reports for DPS and DPSCD, ending June 30, 2021, the School District continues to pay its debt obligations, remains in compliance, and there is no reason to consider rescinding the waivers at this time.
- Commissioner Vidito gave an overview of the COVID Expenditure Summary pie chart, on page 12, from the school's May monthly financial report and address questions from the Commissioners.
- Old Business
- New Business
- Public Comment
- Michelle George
- Next Meeting Date
- School District Regular Meeting: Monday September 13, 2021, following the City Meeting, beginning no earlier than 1:05 pm, remotely using Microsoft Teams.
- Motion made by Commissioner Nicholson and supported by Commissioner Rose to adjourn. The Commission approved the motion to adjourn.
- There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 1:27 p.m.