Detroit FRC School District Meeting Minutes June 28, 2021
Detroit Financial Review Commission
SCHOOL DISTRICT REGULAR MEETING
Monday, June 28, 2021
Following the City's Regular Meeting
(Begins no earlier than 1:05 p.m.)
Using Microsoft Teams
Approved: July 26, 2021
- Call to Order
- Madam Deputy Chair, Joyce Parker called the meeting to order at 1:25 p.m.
- The meeting was informed that Madam Chair, Rachael Eubanks, for the Detroit Financial Review Commission will not be in attendance at this meeting and Madam Deputy Chair, Joyce Parker will chair the FRC's 6-28-2021 monthly meetings in her absence.
- In addition, and for the purpose of the new members of the commission, Deputy Parker noted that in accordance with Public Act 181 of 2014, The Michigan Financial Review Commission Act, MCL 141.1631-141.1643, Joyce A. Parker, Deputy State Treasurer, State and Local Finance, will serve as designee and a member of the Financial Review Commission in the absence of Chairperson Rachael Eubanks, State Treasurer, for the City of Detroit, the Detroit Public Schools and the Detroit Public Schools Community District. Pursuant to Section 5 (5) of the Act, MCL 141.1635 (5), Joyce A. Parker will also serve as Chairperson of the Commission in the absence of Rachel Eubanks, State Treasurer.
- Roll Call
Members Present - 9
- Dr. Barnwell
- Brenda Jones (non-voting on DPSCD matters)
- Dave Massaron
- David Nicholson
- Joyce Parker
- Ms. Peterson-Mayberry
- Ron Rose
- Jeremy Vidito
- John Walsh
Members Absent - 2
- Rachael Eubanks
- Jay Rising (non-voting on DPSCD matters)
Let the record show that five (8) Commission members eligible to vote on matters relating to DPSCD were present. A quorum was present.
- Approval of proposed Minutes from the FRC's May 24, 2021, School District Monthly Meeting
- Motion made by Commissioner Rose and supported by Commissioner Massaron to approve the draft minutes of the Commission's May 24, 2021, School District Meeting. The Commission unanimously approved the minutes of the May 24, 2021, meeting as presented.
- Executive Director's Report
- Patrick Dostine, Executive Director, informed the meeting that in reviewing the monthly financial reports for DPS and DPSCD, for the month ending April 30, 2021, the School District continues to pay its debt obligations, remains in compliance, and there is no reason to consider rescinding the waivers at this time.
- Old Business
- New Business
- Public Comment
- Next Meeting Date
- School District Regular Meeting: Monday, July 26, 2021, following the City Meeting, beginning no earlier than 1:05 pm, remotely using Microsoft Teams.
- Motion made by Commissioner Peterson-Mayberry and supported by Commissioner Vidito to adjourn. The Commission approved the motion to adjourn.
- There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 1:35 p.m.