Detroit FRC School District Meeting Minutes May 24, 2021
Detroit Financial Review Commission
SCHOOL DISTRICT REGULAR MEETING
Monday, May 24, 2021
Following the City's Regular Meeting
(Begins no earlier than 1:05 p.m.)
Using Microsoft Teams
Approved: June 28, 2021
- Call to Order
Madame Chair, Rachael Eubanks called the meeting to order at 3:05 p.m.
- Roll Call
Members Present - 6
- Rachael Eubanks
- Brenda Jones (non-voting on DPSCD matters)
- David Nicholson
- Ms. Peterson-Mayberry
- Ron Rose
- Jeremy Vidito
Members Absent - 4
- Dr. Barnwell
- Dave Massaron
- Jay Rising (non-voting on DPSCD matters)
- John Walsh
Let the record show that five (5) Commission members eligible to vote on matters relating to DPSCD were present. A quorum was present.
- Approval of proposed Minutes from the FRC's April 26, 2021 School District Monthly Meeting
- Motion made by Commissioner Peterson-Mayberry and supported by Commissioner Rose to approve the draft minutes of the Commission's April 26, 2021 School District Meeting. The Commission unanimously approved the minutes of the April 26, 2021 meeting as presented.
- Executive Director's Report
- Chelan Burks-Andrews, Executive Director, informed the meeting that in reviewing the monthly financial reports for DPS and DPSCD, for the month ending March 31, 2021, the School District continues to pay its debt obligations, remains in compliance, and there is no reason to consider rescinding the waivers at this time.
- Old Business
- New Business
- Public Comment
- Michelle George
- William Davis
- Next Meeting Date
- School District Regular Meeting: Monday, June 28, 2021, following the City Meeting, beginning no earlier than 1:05 pm, remotely using Microsoft Teams.
- Motion made by Commissioner Peterson-Mayberry and supported by Commissioner Rose to adjourn. The Commission approved the motion to adjourn.
- There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 3:13 p.m.