Detroit FRC School District Meeting Minutes April 26, 2021
Detroit Financial Review Commission
SCHOOL DISTRICT REGULAR MEETING
Monday, April 26, 2021
Following the City's Regular Meeting
(Begins no earlier than 1:05 p.m.)
Using Microsoft Teams
Approved May 24, 2021
- Call to Order
Madame Chair, Rachael Eubanks called the meeting to order at 1:53 p.m.
- Roll Call
Members Present - 5
- Dr. Barnwell
- Rachael Eubanks
- Brenda Jones (non-voting on DPSCD matters)
- Dave Massaron
- David Nicholson
- Ms. Peterson-Mayberry
- Ron Rose
- Jeremy Vidito
- John Walsh
Members Absent -1
- Jay Rising (non-voting on DPSCD matters)
Let the record show that eight (8) Commission members eligible to vote on matters relating to DPSCD were present. A quorum was present.
- Approval of proposed Minutes from the FRC's March 29, 2021 School District Monthly Meeting
- Motion made by Commissioner Nicholson and supported by Commissioner Peterson-Mayberry to approve the draft minutes of the Commission's March 29, 2021 School District Meeting. The Commission unanimously approved the minutes of the March 29, 2021 meeting as presented.
- Executive Director's Report
- Chelan Burks-Andrews, Executive Director, informed the meeting that in reviewing the monthly financial reports for DPS and DPSCD, for the month ending February 28, 2021, the School District continues to pay its debt obligations, remains in compliance, and there is no reason to consider rescinding the waivers at this time.
- Old Business
- New Business
- Public Comment
- Helen Moore
- Michelle George
- William Davis
- Next Meeting Date
- School District Regular Meeting: Monday, May 24, 2021, following the City Meeting, beginning no earlier than 1:05 pm, remotely using Microsoft Teams.
- Motion made by Commissioner Peterson-Mayberry and supported by Commissioner Rose to adjourn. The Commission approved the motion to adjourn.
- There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 2:02 p.m.