Detroit FRC City Meeting Minutes January 25, 2021
Detroit Financial Review Commission
CITY REGULAR MEETING
Monday, January 25, 2021 at 1:00 p.m.
Remotely Using Microsoft Teams
Approved: February 22, 2021
- Call to Order
Chairperson, Rachael Eubanks called the meeting to order 1:01 p.m.
- Roll Call
Members Present -8
- Rachael Eubanks
- Brenda Jones
- David Nicholson
- Dave Massaron
- Angelique Peterson-Mayberry (non-voting on City matters)
- Jay Rising
- Ron Rose
- John Walsh
Members Absent –1
- Nicholai Vitti (non-voting on City matters)
Let the record show that six (7) Commission members eligible to vote were present, A quorum was present.
Madam Chair, Eubanks informed the meeting that Chris Kolb accepted a position at the University of Michigan and Dave Massaron has been appointed the State Budget Director, noting that Mr. Massaron has replaced Mr. Kolb as the FRC Statutory member for the State Budget Office.The meeting was further informed that Jay Rising was appointed the Chief Financial Officer for the City of Detroit and will serve as the City’s representative on the Financial Review Commission (FRC).
- Approval of the Proposed Minutes from the December 14, 2020 Regular City Meeting
- Motion made by Commissioner Jones and supported by Commissioner Rose to approve the draft minutes of the Commission’s December 14, 2020 City Meeting as presented. The Commission unanimously approved the minutes of the City meeting as presented.
- Executive Director’s Report
- Patrick Dostine, Executive Director, informed the meeting that in reviewing the City’s monthly report, ending November 30, 2020, the city continues to pay its debt obligations, remains in compliance, and there is no reason to consider rescinding the waiver at this time.
- Old Business
- New Business
- Public Comment
- Next Meeting Date
- City Regular Meeting: Monday, February 22, 2021 at 1:00 pm, remotely via Microsoft Teams.
- Motion made by Commissioner Walsh and supported by Commissioner Nicholson to adjourn. The Commission approved the motion to adjourn.
- There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 1:09 p.m.