What should we do if we receive an energy draft from a former customer?

If there is an outstanding balance on the account, you must apply the draft to the account. If there is not an outstanding balance, return the draft to the customer.  For additional instructions they should contact either the Energy Assistance Hotline at 1-855-275-6424 or a Michigan Department of Treasury customer service representative at 517-636-4486.