How do I verify the Letter of Inquiry I received was sent by the Michigan Department of Treasury?
You may verify the Letter of Inquiry was sent by the Michigan Department of Treasury using eServices.
Click on the above link and follow these steps:
1. Select the "Inquiries" option
2. Then select "Inquire abut Other Topics"
3. You will be asked to enter the following information for security reasons:
- Primary filer's Social Security number
- Primary filer's last name
- Tax year
- Filing status
- Adjusted gross income (AGI)/Total Household Resources (THR)
- If you AGI is a negative number, enter "-" after the number. Example: 1045-
Note: If you are unable to authenticate using your current tax year information, select the previous tax year for authentication. When you submit your question, explain that you selected a previous tax year for authentication. Include the AGI/THR and tax year for which you are inquiring.