What if I have a filing requirement with Michigan, received a refund check and have not filed my return yet?

1. Write "VOID" across the front of the check and include a letter of explanation as to why you are returning 
    the check.

    Mail to:

    Michigan Department of Treasury
    Office of Financial Services
    PO Box 30788
    Lansing, MI 48909

2. You must file a paper return.

     Mail refund, credit, or zero due returns to:

    Michigan Department of Treasury
    Lansing, MI 48956  

     If you owe tax, mail your return and payment to:

    Michigan Department of Treasury
    Lansing, MI 48929
     Also include the following: 
     •  A statement indicating what occurred (include Internal Revenue Service ID Theft Affidavit Form 14039 if applicable)
     •  Copy of your driver’s license/government issued picture ID
     •  Copy of your Social Security card
     •  Copy of your federal return with schedules
     •  Copy of your lease or homestead property tax bill (if filing a Michigan Property Tax Credit Claim,
     •  Copy of your heat bill (if filing a Michigan Home Heating Credit Claim,  MI-1040CR-7)
     •  Copy of your W2 and/or 1099 forms on an 8 ½ x 11 piece of paper (This step is important due
        to the way mail is processed)

Once your information is received, we will place an informational “stop” on your account to prevent refunds from being issued on fraudulently filed returns. Verification of your identity will be required before processing future returns.