Can I claim a homestead property tax credit if I moved into/out of Michigan during the year?

You may be eligible to claim a homestead property tax credit if all of the following apply:

    • Your homestead is in Michigan
    • You were a resident of Michigan for at least six months during the year
    • You own or are contracted to pay rent and occupy a Michigan homestead on which property taxes were levied
    • If you own your home, your taxable value is $135,000 or less
    • Your total household resources are $60,000 or less. Part-year residents must annualize total household resources to determine if the credit reduction applies.
      (If 100% of your total household resources are received from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, you do not qualify)