Individual Income Tax Icon1099-G Info for Identity Theft Victims

What Should I Do?

  • If you received a 1099-G and suspect that you may be the victim of identity theft, please complete these three steps.

  • Step 1

    Complete a Form 6349, Statement of Identity Theft and submit it along with a detailed report to the Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA). After processing your report, UIA will send you a new 1099-G indicating the corrected amount of compensation.

    Report Identity Theft to UIA Now

    If you have questions about how to complete or submit the Form 6349, please call UIA at 1-866-500-0017.
  • Step 2

    Receive a corrected 1099-G from UIA.

  • Step 3

    After receiving your corrected 1099-G, send a copy of it to the Michigan Department of Treasury.

Ways to Send Your Corrected 1099-G to Treasury

  • Mail a copy of your corrected 1099-G to Treasury:

    Michigan Department of Treasury

    P.O. Box 30058

    Lansing, MI 48909

  • Email a copy of your corrected 1099-G to Treasury: