Individual Income Tax
Supplemental Home Heating Credit Check for Tax Year 2020
Michigan residents who received a home heating credit from their 2020 return, are receiving an additional one-time credit, in the form of a check. You are receiving this check due to money from the Federal Cares Act. The check is to be used for your heat bill and cannot be replaced or reissued if lost, stolen, shredded, burned, or misplaced.
COVID-19 Updates for Individual Income Tax
- Call center services: Available.
- Self-service options: Available
- Online at Where's My Refund?
- Over the phone at 517-636-4486
- View the Treasury COVID-19 page for additional information.
- Read Guidance About Amended Income Tax Returns for Unemployment Income Reasons
- Notice: Treatment of Unemployment Compensation for Tax Year 2020
- Updated Notice: Automatic Extension to May 17, 2021 for Individual and Composite State Income Tax Returns Originally Due on April 15, 2021
The Michigan Department of Treasury does not administer the federal stimulus program or have any information regarding federal stimulus payments. The Internal Revenue Service administers this program and encourages taxpayers to visit www.IRS.gov for the most current information on the second round of federal stimulus payments, including checking the status of a payment.