Commercial Driver License (CDL)
- Information about obtaining a CDL
Information about obtaining a CDL
- Who Needs a CDL? The requirements for operating a commercial vehicle.
- CDL Drivers: U.S. Citizenship or Legal Presence Documentation Required
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration enacted new regulations. The federal regulations and Michigan law require all drivers who have a Commercial Driver License (CDL) or Commercial Learner’s Permit (CLP) to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship or Legal Presence in the United States when they apply, correct or renew their next CDL license.
- Obtaining a CDL
The requirements and documents needed for obtaining a CDL.
- CDL Self and Medical Certification
Drivers renewing, correcting or applying for an original Commercial Driver License (CDL) must self-certify which type of commercial motor vehicle (CMV) operation they will perform.
- National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners FAQs The National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners (National Registry) is a Federal program that establishes requirements for healthcare professionals that perform physical qualification examinations for truck and bus drivers.
- Commercial Drivers License FAQs
In the Driving Section of the Michigan Department of State FAQs, there are several sections that pertain to obtaining or renewing a CDL.
- CDL Eligibility and Requirements
Age, medical and driving record requirements for obtaining a CDL.
- CDL Group Designations and Endorsements
Information about group designations and endorsements.
- CDL Testing
Information about driving skills testing services and the driver testing business locator.
- License Fees
A chart of standard driver's license fees.
- Truckers Against Trafficking - SOS-278
Ongoing sting operations by the FBI and other law enforcement personnel reveal that criminals and crime syndicates sell their wares at a number of locations frequented by truckers. Only in this case, their product isn’t drugs, it’s people - victims of human trafficking.