Driver Education Resources
- Verify Driver Education Provider or Classroom or Instructor Certification
- Select this link above to open the CARS eServices application, once the page has opened:
- Locate the “Business Services” heading on the left, within Business Services select the hyperlink labeled “Driver Education and Testing Business”
- After opening that link, locate the hyperlink of your choice: "Search Provider" or "Search Classroom" or "Search Instructor".
- 2017 - Driver Education Resources
List of several resources to SUPPLEMENT (not in lieu of using the ADTSEA 3.0 Curriculum) your driver education classroom, behind-the-wheel, and range instruction.
- Michigan Traffic Safety Materials Catalog
Free traffic safety materials offered by the Michigan Office of Highway Safety Planning.
- Segment 1 Age Verification Table - 2020
- Segment 1 Age Verification Table - 2021
- Segment 1 Age Verification Table - 2022
Customer and Automotive Records System (CARS)
- Provider CARS Initial Notice - January 2019
- Instructor CARS Initial Notice - January 2019
- CARS Notice - January 2021
- CARS Notice - February 2021
- Driver Education Provider - New Account Managers
- Driver Education Provider -New Users
- Driver Education Instructor - New Users
- Adding Courses and Students
- Manage and Modify Courses
- Report Student Results
Driver Education Provider CARS eServices Video Demonstration (All information and data used in the following link is fake and was created for the sole purpose of recording this demonstration)
Driver Education Contact Information
Michigan Department of State
Driver Education and Testing Section
Address: 430 West Allegan Street, 3rd Floor, Lansing Michigan 48918
DES-P11 Statement of Complaint
To file a formal complaint against a Person/Applicant, Certified Driver Education Provider and/or Instructor, you must complete and submit a DES-P11 Statement of Complaint form to this Department. Instructions are included within the form.
DES-P12 Statement of Complaint - IPP
To file a formal complaint against a Certified Instructor Preparation Program (IPP) Agency and/or IPP Instructor, you must complete and submit a DES-P12 Statement of Complaint form to this Department. Instructions are included within the form.