FAQs About Insurance

I am going on Medicare; what do I need to do?

If you are enrolled in or plan to enroll in to the retirement insurance plans you must be sure to sign up for Medicare parts A and B. Medicare enrollment is through the Social Security Administration. See How Medicare Affects Your Coverage.

When you enroll in Medicare you will receive your Medicare card from Social Security. As soon as you receive your card, tell ORS your Medicare number and effective dates for parts A and B. 

You can submit your Medicare enrollment information one of the following ways:

  • Send a secure message on Message Board including your Medicare enrollment information.
  • Update your insurance enrollment information in miAccount to include your new Medicare information and send the confirmation page.
  • Make a copy of your Medicare card. Write your name, address, and date of birth on the copy and mail or fax the copy of your card to ORS.
  • Mail or fax a completed Insurance Enrollment/Change Request (R0452C) form to ORS with your Medicare information.
  • Call ORS at 800-381-5111 and give a representative your Medicare information.