School Safety Commission
The School Safety Commission was created to review and provide recommendations to the Office of School Safety, including model practices for determining school safety measures. The school safety measures must address at least the following:
- The development and evaluation of school safety model practices.
- A review of the statewide school safety information policy and the emergency operations plans.
- The role of school safety liaisons.
- The emerging trends in school safety technology.
- The baseline safety requirements for schools.
- The baseline hardening measures for new and existing schools.
Final Recommendations of the School Safety Task Force *November 2018
Schedule of School Safety Commission 2021 Meetings:
The Wednesday, October 27th, 2021 meeting will be held via Microsoft Teams due to coronavirus restrictions. Email Ms. Lindsey Holden for a link to the meeting and additional information.
Additional upcoming meeting dates:
- October 27, 2021
- April 28, 2021 Meeting Minutes (Coming Soon)
- January 28, 2021 Meeting Minutes
- October 22, 2020 Meeting Minutes
- July 30, 2020 Meeting Minutes
- April 23, 2020 Meeting Minutes
- January 8, 2020 Meeting Minutes
- October 17, 2019 Meeting Minutes
- July 25, 2019 Meeting Minutes
School Safety Task Force (abolished and replaced by the School Safety Commission)