The Precision Driving Facility is located on a 42-acre site adjacent to the Michigan State Police Training Academy. The purpose of this facility is to provide emergency vehicle operations training to the law enforcement community. Advanced precision driving programs are offered to both in-state and out-of-state certified police officers. Enrollment is based upon availability.
Where is the Precision Driving Unit track?
Michigan State Police
7426 N. Canal Road
Lansing, Mich. 48913
Precision Driving Unit
What is it?
- 42-Acre Site
- One-Mile Highway Response Course
- 9-Acre Precision Maneuvering Pad (700' x 500')
- 3-Acre Skid Pad (500' x 200')
- Off-Road Recovery Lane
- Classroom/Office/Observation Tower
- Four Full-Time Staff Members
- 26 Assigned Vehicles
- Safety Equipped
- Lodging and Meals Available at the Training Academy
How much did it cost?
- Estimated initial cost was $5,000,000
- Actual cost due to cooperative concept was $1,250,000