Apply/Renew Construction Prequalification
Construction prequalification is required for work including bridge, road, pavement, water main, sewer, electrical, demolition, bridge painting, signing, guardrail, fencing, seeding/sodding, landscaping, pavement marking, and railroad construction/signals.
- Obtain a prequalification application packet:
- Download the required forms below; or
- Request an application packet online.
- Complete all forms and attachments per the prequalification checklist included in the packet.
- Where required, be sure that original signatures and notary information has been completed.
- New contractors need to include the following documents with the application:
- Articles of Incorporation, Articles of Organization; or
- Certificate of Authority to do business in Michigan.
- Attach optional items:
- Form 1313B-Straight Line Depreciation
- Equipment Appraisal
Required Prequalification Forms
- Form 1313 Prequalification Application
- Form 1313B Straight Line Depreciation Schedule
- Form 5107 Reference Form - (New contractors only or if requesting additional work classifications.)
- Form W-9 Request for Taxpayer ID Number and Instructions (New contractors only.)
- Form 1309 Account Receivable Verification (Only if no CPA audit review or compilation.)
- Form 1310 Bank Statement Verification (Only if no CPA audit review or compilation.)
- Equipment Guide
- Administrative Rules Governing the Prequalification of Bidders for Construction Work
- Construction Prequalification Work Classifications
Questions? Contact MDOTPrequal@Michigan.gov.