Behavioral Health (Mental Health & Substance Abuse)
- Empirically Supported Treatments and Promising Practices National Child Traumatic Stress Network fact sheets offer descriptive summaries of some of the clinical treatments, mental health interventions, and other trauma-informed service approaches.
- National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) has a searchable online registry of more than 350 substance abuse and mental health interventions.
- National Center for PTSD U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs resources available about the impact of PTSD, war and terrorism on children and families
- National Center for Trauma-Informed Care SAMHSA supports the interest in developing approaches to eliminate the use of seclusion, restraints, and other coercive practices and to further advance the knowledge base related to implementation of trauma-informed approaches. See "Trauma Informed Care in Behavioral Health Services TIP 57" in publications section.
- National Council for Behavioral Health The unifying voice of America's community mental health and addictions treatment organizations; website includes a section on trauma-informed care.
- Rehabilitation Research and Training Center for Pathways to Positive Futures Aims to improve the lives of youth and young adults with serious mental health conditions through rigorous research and effective training and dissemination.
- Resource Parent Training Curriculum National Child Traumatic Stress Network offers a curriculum for foster and adoptive parents caring for children who have experienced trauma.
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network A variety of resources regarding the connection between trauma and substance abuse, including adolescent substance abuse and caregiver substance abuse.