The Department of Human Services will be closed in observance of the following official state holidays:
- New Year's Day, January 1.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Third Monday in January.
- Presidents Day, Third Monday in February.
- Memorial Day, Last Monday in May.
- Independence Day, July 4.
- Labor Day, First Monday in September.
- General Election Day, First Tuesday in November, even numbered years
- Veterans Day, November 11.
- Thanksgiving Day and the day after, the fourth Thursday and Friday in November.
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, December 24 and 25.
- New Year's Eve, December 31.
State office closings for state holidays are regulated by the Michigan Department of Civil Service Regulation 5.08.
Public Act 124 of 1865 is the Michigan law governing official state holidays.