Farmworkers serve a vital role in Michigan’s economy. The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) is the lead state agency responsible for the assessment, development and coordination of services for Michigan’s migrant and seasonal farmworkers. Our mission is to deliver public benefits, provide assistance, and coordinate statewide services that meet the economic and cultural needs of marginalized migrant and seasonal farmworkers.
The Office of Migrant Affairs enhances the delivery of MDHHS services to farmworkers and their families by:
- Analyzing, recommending and advocating for improvements in the department’s program policies and procedures.
- Coordinating the allocation, recruitment, testing, hiring, and training of MDHHS bilingual (English/Spanish) migrant program staff.
- Advocating for farmworkers.
The Office of Migrant Affairs coordinates services to farmworkers statewide through the following:
- IMSC Meeting Date: May 01, 2018 Time: 09:30 AM - 12:00 PM Description:
- SW MI MRC Pre-Season Conference Date: May 16, 2018 Time: 08:00 AM - 04:30 PM Description:
SW MI MRC Pre-Season Conference