- Supporting Family Caregivers Providing Complex Care
The Supporting Family Caregivers Providing Complex Care series offers emerging themes, practices and examples for hospitals working to improve patient and family engagement.
- NCSBN's Environmental Scan
A Portrait of Nursing and Healthcare in 2020 and Beyond
- In 2019, Slow but Sure Progress in Laws, Policy
The past 12 months have seen shifts in the legal landscape that mean more people have, and might soon have, greater options in their health care.
- Executive Order Could Expand Access to Care:
On October 3, an executive order by the White House regarding Medicare, directed the Department of Health and Human Service to eliminate restrictions that “limit professionals from practicing at the top of their profession.”
- State Innovation Model
In 2015, the CMS awarded Michigan $70 million over four years to test and implement an innovative model for delivering and paying for healthcare in the state.
- VA Updates Telehealth Regulations
This rule ensures that VA health care providers can offer the same level of care to all beneficiaries, irrespective of the State or location in a State of the VA health care provider or the beneficiary.
- Omnibus Spending Bill Has Significant Wins for Nursing Education, Research
There were some significant wins for nursing education and research in the $1.3 trillion spending bill, knowing as the Fiscal Year 2018 Omnibus, signed into law by President Trump on March 23, 2018.
- Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) Implementation Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) Implementation
- SAMHSA finalizes changes to clarify health privacy rules for people who seek substance use disorder treatment
Final changes to rule will support payment and healthcare operations activities while protecting the confidentiality of patients.
- CMS updates guidance for long term care facility surveyors State Operations Manual
- VA issues final rule regarding APRNs providing clinical care
On December 13, 2016, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) issued a final rule regarding Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs) providing clinical care in the Veterans Health Administration. The VA has provided an additional 30-day comment period on full practice authority for CRNAs.
- Michigan Public Health Code, Part 172, Nursing (P.A. 368 of 1978)
- CMS Releases New Application Process for MU Hardship Exemptions The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has launched a new, streamlined hardship application process for providers who feel they should be exempt from financial penalties for failing to meet requirements of the meaningful use program.
- Medicare Final Rule for Home Health Released This final rule will update Home Health Prospective Payment System (HH PPS) rates, including the national, standardized 60-day episode payment rates, the national per-visit rates, and the non-routine medical supply (NRS) conversion factor under the Medicare prospective payment system for home health agencies (HHAs), effective for episodes ending on or after January 1, 2016.
- NCSBN 2015 Envirnomental Scan Annual review of emerging issues and trends that impact nursing regulation
- ONC Updates Guide to Safety, Privacy of Electronic Health Information The ONC has published a revised version of its "Guide to Privacy and Security of Electronic Health Information."
- HHS announces proposed rules to support the path to nationwide interoperability The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) today announced the release of the Stage 3 notice of proposed rulemaking for the Medicare and Medicaid Electronic Health Records (EHRs) Incentive Programs and 2015 Edition Health IT Certification Criteria to improve the way electronic health information is shared and ultimately improve the way care is delivered and experienced.
- In Its First Two Years, Medicare Pilot Project Doubles Number of Advanced Practice Nurse Graduates Program helps offset shortage of primary care providers and increase access to care at five sites.
- Growing Retail Clinic Industry Employs, Empowers Nurse Practitioners Retail-based clinics increase consumer access to high quality, affordable, and convenient primary care services, supporters say.
- QC Report on Role and Future of PHN, 2014 The goal of this event was to develop consensus amongst public health nursing (PHN) leaders in education, research and practice, and key stakeholders outside of public health nursing, on action steps necessary to enhance and promote the ability of PHN to work effectively to improve the health of the public.
- Comprehensive Summary of Michigan Nursing Corps Initiative 2008-2011 Comprehensive Summary of Michigan Nursing Corps Initiative 2008-2011
- Michigan Board of Nursing Administrative Rules
- Michigan Public Health Code, Part 172, Nursing (P.A. 368 of 1978, as amended)