Navigating the Way Forward: Resources and Best Practices to Embed Virtual Resources in Clinical Education Webinar
The Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Nursing Safety and Workplace Planning (ONP) hosted a virtual training event on June 23, 2020. Fifty-four representatives from nursing academia participated in a review and discussion of available remote clinical education resources and tips for optimizing their integration into nursing clinical education.
Speakers Michelle L. Aebersold Ph.D., RN, CHSE, FAAN and Margaret Verkuyl, NP, PHC, MN:
- Differentiate between a range of different virtual clinical experiences.
- View a sample of varied virtual environments used in nursing education.
- Discuss benefits and challenges to using available technology enabled environments.
- Review the process for embedding virtual experiences in nursing education.
- Compare and contrast options available for using virtual experiences to optimize learning.
- Evaluate virtual experiences in relation to clinical practice.
- Share resources and publications related to virtual clinical education.
Your time and effort completing the evaluation is appreciated, results of this evaluation will be used to inform future virtual training event planning efforts.
Results of the evaluation surveys tabulated to date may be found at the following link: