You are here
Medical Resources for Child Protection
When Michigan's vulnerable children are in need of immediate medical care, coordination of efforts between medical experts and child protection services are essential in providing positive outcomes.
Over many decades, the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) Children’s Protective Services (CPS) Policy and Program Office has collaborated with a team of child welfare medical experts from around the state who, as part of a Medical Advisory Committee (MAC), assist the agency’s services workers and nationwide medical experts with educational trainings and enhancing medical-related policies, protocols and practices that impact Michigan’s vulnerable children.
- PSM 713-04 (Medical examination & assessment)
- PSM 714-02 (Support Services)
- PSM 713-01 (CPS Investigations- General Instructions)
- PSM 716-07 (Cases Involving Substances)
- PSM 713-08 (Special investigation situations)
- PSM 713-11 (Assessments)
- PSM 716-8 (Medical neglect of disabled children & medical neglect based on religious reasons)
Other Child Welfare Policies can be found here
- To be added to or removed from this list, please send email to ThelenJ12@michigan.gov.
Tools and Trainings
If you would like to participate in serving as a member of the Medical Advisory Committee, be added to the Medical Resource list, have agency-specific medical policy questions or wish to offer resources on our website, email Joy Thelen at ThelenJ12@Michigan.gov