Infection Prevention Resource and Assessment Team (IPRAT)
The MDHHS Infection Prevention Resource and Assessment Team (IPRAT) is a team of subject matter experts from the Communicable Disease Division. The IPRAT is a group that Local Health Departments (LHDs) and/or Long Term Care facilities (LTCs) can go to with questions about infection prevention, personal protective equipment (PPE), and CDC guidance interpretation. If a jurisdiction needs help with assessments (e.g. the tele-ICAR) or determining the best way to prioritize facilities, we can help!
LHDs and LTCs can coordinate with MDHHS IPRAT:
- Technical assistance with infection prevention questions such as, personal protective
equipment (PPE), cohorting residents, testing strategies, staff exclusion, etc.
- Review of infection prevention policies, procedures and practices at LTC facilities and
other congregate settings
- Conduct Infection Control Assessment and Response (ICARs) for LTCs to prevent or contain COVID-19
- Review and interpretation of the latest CDC and MDHHS guidance
- Assist Local Health Departments with prioritizing facilities in their jurisdiction to focus resources and supplies
To submit questions or request assistance contact us by email at MDHHS-iPRAT@michigan.gov.
- CDC COVID-19 Guidance: Infection Prevention and Control, Staffing and PPE
- CDC COVID-19 LTCF Resources: Webinars, Toolkit, PPE Videos