Office of Equity and Minority Health (OEMH)
1. Newly Released:
- Addressing Health Disparities in Diverse Communities: A Presentation of the Findings
3. Governor Whitmer's Proclamation - April is Minority Health Month
- African Americans
- American Indians/Alaska Natives
- Arab and Chaldean Americans
- Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders
OEMH major activities are:
- To support and initiate programs, policies, and applied research to address social determinants of health that contribute to health inequities for racial and ethnic minority populations in Michigan;
- To collaborate in the development of Michigan Department of Health and Human Services prevention, health service delivery, and research strategies in an effort to improve health outcomes for racial and ethnic minority populations in Michigan; and,
- To facilitate implementation of culturally and linguistically appropriate health services throughout the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.
- Health Equity Online Training
MDHHS has launched a new training (Health Equity Online Training) related to health equity and health disparities. This training will help you to better understand health equity and health disparities, factors that contribute to health inequities, populations that are most affected, the impact of health inequities, and how MDHHS employees can improve the health equity for state residents.
- Systemic Racism: Computer Based Training
In using this training, you can establish a common language by defining key terms to identify how Michigan/MDHHS produces/perpetuates inequitable outcomes and explain how national -level systems produce inequities and decide how you can take action.
- Anti-Racism and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Digital Library
This digital library is intended to serve as an educational and actionable resource to help deepen anti-racism and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) work. If you haven’t started your anti-racism and DEI journey, there’s no better time than now. We also encourage you to create “Connections Spaces” for colleagues and peers to engage in collective discussion and learning.
OEMH Grant Programs
- Minority Health Community Capacity Building Initiative - 2021
- Minority Health Violence Prevention Program - 2019
- Minority Health Data Capacity Grant Program Data Project - 2019
- CDC Social Ecological Model for Violence Prevention
- Targeted Universalism Equity
- Data RFP Pre-Application Call PowerPoint
- Violence RFP Pre-Application Call PowerPoint
- FAQ HDRMHS FY18-19 Data Project
- Frequently Asked Questions - Violence Prevention RFP
- The History of Minority Health Month