Districts should complete the 2020-2021 SE-4159 Bus Logs during the pupil transportation count week (October 5-9, 2020) similarly to previous years. The updated SE-4159-SL and SE-4159-RL are available below with instructions regarding how to appropriately count ridership and fill out the form.
The MDE OSE understands there are districts delivering curriculum virtually or in a blended format, and that this will affect ridership counts. However, the data collected must reflect actual ridership numbers and will not have a direct impact on special education reimbursement allowances. The MDE OSE will revert back to the school district’s 2019-2020 special education and regular education ridership percentages when reviewing any prorated special education reimbursement allowances.
Districts utilizing buses for purposes of delivering meals or curriculum-related material should include the mileage and gas used for that purpose during the count week but should not count these students in the ridership count.
- Pupil Transportation Count 2020-2021 and SE-4094 Transportation Expenditure Report Frequently Asked Questions (October 2020)
- SE-4159 Bus Logs for 2020-2021 Memorandum
- SE-4159 Specialized Transportation Log and Instructions for 2020-2021 (September 2020)
- SE-4159 Regular Transportation Log and Instructions for 2020-2021 (September 2020)
- Transportation Allowable Costs for 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 (June 2020)