Educator Workforce Research
The Office of Educator Excellence (OEE) is responsible for creating long-term and short-term analyses pertinent to workforce issues. The work highlighted on this site is intended to support internal and external stakeholders in making informed decisions regarding educator preparation, credentialing, hiring, professional development, and retention.
Educator Workforce Data Report
Data collection, analysis, and dissemination are integral to developing, supporting, and sustaining a high-quality, prepared, and collaborative education workforce. From recruitment into teacher preparation programs, to professional learning and retention, through accountability and recognition, the metrics included in this report contribute to a portrait of Michigan's educational ecosystem.
The Educator Workforce Data Report serves as a useful tool for our partners to engage in the daily work of developing, supporting, and sustaining a high-quality education workforce in our state.
- Educator Workforce Data Report 2021
- Educator Workforce Data Report 2020
- Educator Workforce Data Report 2019
- Educator Workforce Data Report 2018
- Michigan Teacher Mobility by Geographic Location and Locale White Paper
This paper reports trends in mobility by geographic location and locale in the Michigan teacher workforce.
- Racial Characteristics of the Michigan Teacher Workforce
This white paper presents current and longitudinal data on the racial/ethnic composition of the teaching workforce and pipeline in Michigan.
- Teacher Turnover in Michigan: A Look at Teacher Mobility and Attrition Rates
This paper reports trends in school-to-school mobility and attrition in the Michigan teacher workforce.