***New DPPD Reporting Process Resources
To alleviate reporting of inaccurate information and to streamline the educator certificate renewal process, the Michigan Department of Education (MDE) is implementing a change to the process educators use to report District Provided Professional Development (DPPD) for recertification.
Effective July 1, 2020, when districts choose to allow DPPD to be used for recertification, they must enter it into the Michigan Online Educator Certification System (MOECS) as State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs). This process replaces individual educator entry and the requirement for districts to review and sign each educator's individual DPPD form.
Below, please find several guidance documents to assist both districts and educators with this transition.
- DPPD Reporting Process Video
- New Reporting Requirements for DPPD
- Non-traditional SCECH Programs Transition Guidance
- DPPD Process Flow Chart
- FAQ: New DPPD Process
- SCECH Program Application Descriptions
- Uploading SCECH Participants to MOECS
- New DPPD Process for Educators
- SCECH Process Instructional Videos