File a Complaint with the Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development

Report a MDHHS Epidemic Order Violation

View all MDHHS Epidemic Orders

The Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development (MDARD) has developed a process to report violations of the Epidemic Orders issued by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) that fall under MDARD’s regulatory authority.

This process serves two key purposes to help respond to the COVID-19 pandemic:

  1. Document the date and time of each complaint.
  2. Expedite the assignment of the complaint to the proper MDARD program.

*Please note that some complaints may not fall under MDARD’s regulatory authority, but those complaints may be forwarded to the correct agency.

To report a violation, please complete our Epidemic Order Complaint Intake Form

For further information on gatherings and face coverings, please see the MDHHS FAQ

All Non-COVID-19 Complaints

Use this form to let MDARD know of a problem that you feel needs investigation. Based on the nature and details of your complaint, MDARD will either respond to or refer your complaint to the appropriate agency.

Your complaint information is very important for appropriate follow-up, including enforcement. Please be as detailed as possible about the nature of your complaint.

Your contact information is necessary for us to conduct a complete investigation. If you wish to remain anonymous, please do not submit any contact information. Please Note: Right to Farm complaints CANNOT be anonymous. You must however, provide sufficient complaint detail for us to follow up on. Failure to do so will impact our ability to respond.

You may file an Anonymous Pesticide Complaint here.

Do NOT use this form if you have a complaint about gasoline prices. If you have information regarding potential unfair gasoline pricing practices, you may file a gasoline price gouging complaint online or call the Office of Attorney General at 877-765-8388.

If you have an animal welfare complaint involving a pet store or livestock animals, you are advised to contact the local police or animal control where the facility is located. They may be able to investigate. For a list of animal control agencies in Michigan, please see:

  *Denotes required field.  
 Please contact me regarding this complaint

(format: mm/dd/yyyy, hh:mm, am/pm)

* Spam Block: (What's this?)



Once you've completed your submission by clicking the Submit button, a response will be inserted at the top of this page indicating a successful submission.