Michigan Weights & Measures Information
For more information regarding Weights & Measures, call us at 517-655-8202
Service Agency & Person Registration
- Registration Testing Expiration
- Serviceperson Place In Service Report in PDF (2/2016)
- Security Seal Requirement Effective May 1, 2015
- Upcoming W&M Serviceperson Examination Schedule
NOTICE: Agencies or persons allowing their registration to lapse beyond 12 months from the expiration date will be required to reapply and retest for all applicable exams to become registered.
- Michigan Registered Service Person/Agency Details & FAQ
Any service agency and or individuals employed to install or repair weighing and/or measuring devices in the State of Michigan. (i.e. scales, meters) and wishes to legally "place in service" the device for "commercial" use must be Registered with the MDARD Weights and Measures program.
- Business Requirements for Weights and Measures Service Agencies and Personnel
Registration of service agencies and personnel is required in order for service personnel to place all manner of commercial weighing and measuring devices into service
- Service Agency / Service Person Registration Frequently Asked Questions
The following is a list of frequently asked questions regarding service company and person registration. The list will be updated from time to time as new questions arise.
- Examples of Voluntary Registration Exam Questions
- Service Agency / Service Person Registration Application in PDF Submitting this application is one step to becoming a Michigan Weights and Measures Registered Service Agency.
- P.A. 283 of 1964, as amended, the Weights and Measures Act
- Servicepersons and Agencies Currently Registered under the Voluntary Serviceperson Registration Program in Michigan