Interlibrary Loan Guidelines
The Library of Michigan borrows materials for work-related requests from state and legislative employees in good standing with regard to their Library of Michigan patron status. Every effort is made to deliver materials in a timely fashion and to avoid fees passed on to the requestor.
The Library of Michigan is an OCLC net lending institution (EEX) and a participant in LVIS and NEPU group sharing. We do not charge a lending fee. An IFM photocopy fee of 20 cents per page is charged after the 40th page. The Library of Michigan encourages resource sharing, and we willingly negotiate reciprocal borrowing agreements. Please refer to the "Collections: Lending and Photocopy Information" below for details on restricted collections.
General Information for Borrowing Libraries
U.S. MAIL ADDRESS (for all classes U.S. mail and parcel post):
Library of Michigan, Interlibrary Loan, P.O. Box 30007 Lansing, MI 48909-7507
UPS MAILING ADDRESS:
Library of Michigan, Interlibrary Loan, 702 West Kalamazoo Street, Lansing, MI 48915
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
FAX : 517-335-1478
OCLC Code: EEX
NUC Code: Mi
Accepted Modes of Request and Fee Information:
- OCLC requests are preferred.
- Mailed or faxed ALA forms are accepted.
- Requests may also be sent via Ariel or email.
- Specify your preferred delivery method (mail, email, fax or Ariel) in each request.
- Generally no service fees are charged.
- OCLC IFM charges of 20 cents per page are charged after the 40th page
Collections: Lending and Photocopy Information
- NO-LEND Ebooks on Rocket eBook Readers are not available for interlibrary loan
- NO-LEND NetLibrary subscription ebooks are not available for interlibrary loan
U.S. Documents (Selective Depository since 1860; Regional Depository since 1963)
- YES – LEND hard copy
- LOAN PERIOD 28 days
- RENEWAL – two (28) days
- MICROFICHE will copy fiche to fiche in lieu of loan
- RESTRICTION – PRE-1910 FEDERAL DOCUMENT IMPRINTS DO NOT CIRCULATE
MICHIGAN Documents (Repository)
- NO – LEND privately produced monographs or series (microfilm or microfiche)
- NO – LEND U. S. Census or Soundex microfilm
- YES - LEND Select 2nd copy Michigan Newspapers on microfilm
- LOAN PERIOD 14 days
- RENEWAL – one (14 days)
- YES – COPIES to paper of individual citations from microfilm or microfiche
- CONDITION – EXACT CITATION ONLY
- CONDITION – MAXIMUM 40 PAGES
- RESTRICTION – no fiche-to-fiche copies of copyrighted materials
Periodicals and Newspapers (current and bound)
- NO – LEND Current newspapers or journals of any age/format do not circulate.
- YES – COPIES if exact citation provided
- GENEALOGY - family histories, out-state local histories, U. S. Census and Soundex do not circulate
- MAIN – General interest
- AUDIO-VISUAL – all audio-visual materials (except post-1910 federal documents) do not circulate
- LAW – monographs housed in the Library of Michigan Law Library do not circulate
- MAPS – cartographic materials, regardless of collection, are non-circulating
- MICHIGAN DOCUMENTS OFFICIAL – first copies of Michigan Documents do not circulate
- MICHIGAN REFERENCE – first copies of items in the Michigan Collection do not circulate
- PERIODICALS – unclassified journals and non-government serials do not circulate
- RARE – items housed in the Rare Books Collection do not circulate
- REFERENCE – items housed in the general Reference Collection do not circulate
Note: The Library of Michigan will provide photocopies from non-circulating materials within U.S. Copyright Guidelines provided the source material is not too fragile and a usable citation is given.