Part 1. General Provisions Online Course
What You’ll Learn:
This half-day online class thoroughly discusses the requirements of MIOSHA Part 1. General Provisions. Topics include:
- Complete review and interpretation of the standard
- Employer and employee responsibilities
- Terms and definitions
- Basic machine installations and controls
- Guards and devices used in industry
- Specific guarding requirements
- Horizontal vs. Vertical Standards
- Employee and Employer Responsibilities
- Housekeeping and Storage Requirements
- Basic Machine Guarding Options
- Examples of Acceptable Guarding
- Specific Machine Guarding Requirements
- Point of Operation and Pinch Points
- Press Brakes
- Overhead doors
- July 1 - September 15, 2020 (register between July 1 - September 8, 2020 to participate)
The Non-Credit/Continuing Education Form is required by Macomb Community College, before registering, if it has been more than two years since attending MCC or MTI at any of the 30 statewide cosponsor locations.
If your MTI student record is current, (attending in past two years), or if you are new to MTI (creating a brand new student record), use the link below to register and pay online.
- REGISTER ONLINE - Macomb Community College, Continuing Education Registration
- Search Keyword: Part 1 (not case sensitive), click Submit.
- Check the check box to select, "Part 1. General Provisions," click Submit.
- Enter Name, Email, Last 4 Digits of Social Security Number, Birth Date, Residence Address, Citizenship, click Submit, optional choices, click Submit.
- Select drop down, Register Now (check out), card type (V, MC, D), enter card details and Card Billing Address, click Submit.
Registration confirmation will display, receipt will be emailed to you immediately, and logon and password with steps to begin the course online, will be emailed within 1-3 days.
For registration questions, or to request an invoice, contact Macomb Community College/Steve Stopin or 586-498-4106.
For course questions, contact MIOSHA CET/Brenda Cani or 517-719-7257.
Click here for additional MIOSHA Training Courses. Click here for additional MTI Information.