To improve public Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) services delivered by the Bureau of Services for Blind Persons (BSBP) and Michigan Rehabilitation Services (MRS).
BSBP and MRS will provide VR services in manners that are respectful, equitable and effective in achieving meaningful employment outcomes for people with disabilities.
The members of the MCRS believe:
- the right to choose is realized by access to all information.
- work opportunities open doors to individual independence and participation in community life.
- a focus on an individual’s assets and strengths leads to employment success.
- person-centered goals, service plans and delivery systems lead to individual employment success.
- shared roles and responsibilities improve satisfaction with the rehabilitation process.
- collaborative partnerships with federal, state, local agencies and business entities are critical for VR system effectiveness.
MCRS Contact Information: MCRSAdminSupport@mcrs13.org