- Michigan Tribal Historic Preservation Officers and Tribal Cultural Representatives
Contact information for Tribal Historic Preservation Officers and Tribal Cultural representatives of Michigan's twelve federally-recognized tribes.
- Michigan Above-Ground Survey Manual
The Michigan Above-Ground Survey Manual provides information regarding approaches to identification, documentation, and evaluation of historic above-ground sites, buildings, and features in accordance with the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Identification, Evaluation, and Preservation Planning.
- Schedule a Research Appointment
How and when to schedule a research appointment at the State Historic Preservation Office.
- Michigan State Historic Preservation Office Style Guide
Specific standards for drafting text for National Register nominations, survey reports, and other narrative documents in Michigan.
- Historical Architect Consultant List
A list of architects who meet or exceed federal professional qualifications for "Historic Architect" as stated in 36 CFR part 61 of the Code of Federal Regulations.
- Archaeologist, Historian, and Architectural Historian Consultant List
A list of consultants who meet or exceed federal professional qualifications for "Archaeologist, ""Historian" and/or "Architectural Historian" as defined in 36 CFR Part 61.
- Archaeologist/Historian/Architectural Historian Consultant List Update Forms
Forms for archaeologists, historians, architectural historians, and historical architects to add or update their information for each respective consultant list. Please note SHPO staff must approve all changes before they are published.