Michigan Invasive Species Grant Program (MISGP)
Grant Program Details
The Departments of Natural Resources, Environmental Quality and Agriculture and Rural Development work together to address strategic issues of prevention, detection, eradication, and control for both terrestrial and aquatic invasive species in Michigan.
This program is designed to address strategic issues of prevention, detection, eradication and control for both terrestrial invasive species (TIS) and aquatic invasive species (AIS) in Michigan. Projects must support the overalls goals of the MISGP:
Prevent new invasive species introductions.
Strengthen statewide invasive species early detection and response network.
Limit the dispersal of recently confirmed invasive species.
Manage and control widespread, long-established invasive species.
Specific priorities and scoring criteria can be found in the MISGP handbook. Proposals will be recommended for funding based on a combination of scoring criteria, project type, project metrics, geographic location and available funding.
- Local, state*, federal or tribal units of government
- Non-profit organizations
*State agencies should contact the MISGP contact prior to preparing an application.
- A request for proposals will be issued October 19, 2020.
- Full proposals will be due December 11, 2020.
- Awards will be announced in early 2021.
Dollar Amount Available:
Up to $3.6 million in grant funds is available annually. The minimum grant amount is $25,000 with maximum grant amounts between $40,000 and $400,000 depending on the type of project.
Part 5 of Act 451, P.A. 1994, as amended.
Erin Campbell, 269.300.9698 CampbellE6@Michigan.gov
A request for proposals under the Michigan Invasive Species Grant Program was recently released with applications due on Dec. 11, 2020. The 2020 MISGP program will provide up to $3.6 million in grant funding in priority areas. The purpose of the MISGP is to provide funding and technical assistance to prevent, detect, eradicate, manage and control terrestrial and aquatic invasive species. Staff from the Michigan departments of Natural Resources; Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy; and Agriculture and Rural Development will explain program goals, 2020 priorities, applicant eligibility and the application process with opportunities for questions from potential applicants.
- Part 1 - General program and priority area information
Nov. 5, 9 - 10 a.m. EST
This webinar will provide overall grant program information as well as details and application information for MISGP Priorities 1-3.
- Part 2 - CISMA core and competitive funding
Nov. 5, 10 - 11 a.m. EST
This webinar will focus on Cooperative Invasive Species Management Area funding opportunities and application information for the 2020 MISGP.
- MISGP Progress Report Template
- MISGP Final Report Template
- MISGP Project change or extension request form
- PR1911-1 Notification of Contractor/Vendor Selection and Bid Tabulation Approval
- MISGP 5757-1 Payment/Advance Template
- MISGP 2018 Handbook
- MISGP 2017 Handbook
- MISGP 2016 Handbook
- MISGP 2019 Handbook
Grant Program-Funded Projects
- 2020 Michigan Invasive Species Grant Program - Funded Projects
- 2019 Michigan Invasive Species Grant Program - Funded Projects
- 2018 Michigan Invasive Species Grant Program - Funded Projects
- 2017 Michigan Invasive Species Grant Program-Funded Projects
- 2016 Michigan Invasive Species Grant Program-Funded Projects
- 2015 Michigan Invasive Species Grant Program-Funded Projects
- 2014 Michigan Invasive Species Grant Program-Funded Projects