Part 121 Liquid Industrial By-Products (formerly Liquid Industrial Waste) Reporting

Contact: Jeanette Noechel 586-494-5091
Agency: Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy

Part 121 Covered Dumpster

As of March 2016, as a result of a change in the law, facilities receiving liquid industrial by-products from off-site via public roadway must report their liquid industrial by-products activity to EGLE.  Liquid industrial by-product receiving facilities, also called “liquid industrial by-products designated facilities,” must submit an annual report detailing their liquid industrial by-product activities occurring from January 1st to December 31st in the prior year by April 30th each year.  Examples of materials that are typically subject to regulation as liquid industrial by-product include:

  • Storm sewer and certain sanitary sewer clean-out wastes
  • Catch basin wastes from places like car washes and auto repair shops 
  • Antifreeze
  • Food processing and slaughterhouse wastes
  • Power washing wastewaters and sludges
  • Commercial animal boarding, breeding and sale wastewaters and sludges
  • Used oil
  • Brine
  • Animal and vegetable fats
  • Leachate
  • Very small quantity generator (VSQG) hazardous waste liquids exempted from hazardous waste regulation, formerly called conditionally exempt small quantity generator (CESQG) hazardous waste liquids
  • Other liquids exempted from hazardous waste regulation like fuels being recycled
  • Universal waste liquids partially exempted from hazardous waste regulation like pharmaceuticals, antifreeze, and pesticides
  • Non-hazardous remediation wastewaters and sludges

For the 2021 reporting year, designated facilities are to use the EQP1602 Form and EQP1602 Form Instructions.  You must save this file to your computer before completing it. After opening the form using the link above, save the file on your computer for editing. Do not edit the form in your browser; be sure to download the form and open it from your computer. Once the reporting form is completed, it can be e-mailed to or printed and mailed to:

Data Management and Tracking Unit
PO Box 30241
Lansing, MI 48909-7741

Upon receipt, EGLE will send acknowledgment via e-mail that the report was received.

To learn more about whether your facility is subject to the liquid industrial by-product designated facility handling and reporting requirements:

For questions or complications with the form or instructions, please contact Jeanette Noechel at or 586-494-5091. For questions about liquid industrial by-products reporting, obtaining or updating a Site Identification Number, or other liquid industrial by-product requirements, please contact your local hazardous waste and liquid industrial by-product inspector listed below.

The form is an Adobe Acrobat document.  If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it for free from

  • Select "Download now" for Acrobat Reader DC.
  • On the next webpage, at the left side, uncheck the option to "Install the Acrobat Reader Chrome Extension" if you do not want that extension.
  • At the right side, select "Install Now."
  • It will install automatically on your computer, and update it if needed.

Cadillac and Gaylord District Offices - Alcona, Alpena, Antrim, Benzie, Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Crawford, Emmet, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, Lake, Leelanau, Manistee, Mason, Missaukee, Montmorency, Osceola, Oscoda, Otsego, Presque Isle, Roscommon, and Wexford counties

  • Jenny Bennett: 231-429-1413

Grand Rapids District Office - Barry, Ionia, Kent, Mecosta, Montcalm, Muskegon, Newaygo, Oceana, and Ottawa counties

  • Jonathan Vruggink: 616-840-0791
  • Wade O'Boyle: 616-260-7901

Jackson District Office - Hillsdale, Jackson, Lenawee, Monroe, and Washtenaw counties

  • Jill Coulter: 517-243-1680

Kalamazoo District Office - Allegan, Berrien, Branch, Calhoun, Cass, Kalamazoo, St. Joseph, and Van Buren counties

  • Krista Hettich: 269-370-8527

Lansing District Office - Clinton, Eaton, Genesee, Gratiot, Ingham, Lapeer, Livingston, and Shiawassee counties

  • Bryan Grochowski: 517-243-0499

Bay City District Office -  Arenac, Bay, Clare, Gladwin, Huron, Iosco, Isabella, Midland, Ogemaw, Saginaw, Sanilac, and Tuscola counties

  • Trisha Confer: 989-225-7968

Warren District Office -  Macomb, Oakland, St. Clair, and Wayne counties

  • Mike Busse: 248-226-0975
  • Jim Day: 586-494-5093
  • Jennifer Hazelton: 248-915-1063
  • Jeanette Noechel: 586-494-5091

Marquette District Office - Alger, Baraga, Chippewa, Delta, Dickinson, Gogebic, Houghton, Iron, Keweenaw, Luce, Mackinac, Marquette, Menominee, Ontonagon, and Schoolcraft counties

  • MaryAnn St. Antoine: 989-370-8035