Baseline Environmental Assessments (BEAs)

  • A person can buy, lease, or foreclose on contaminated property and be protected from liability for cleanup of existing contamination on the property if they: 1) conduct a baseline environmental assessment (BEA) and 2) disclose it to EGLE and subsequent purchasers and transferees of the property, as outlined in Part 201 (Environmental Remediation) and Part 213 (Leaking Underground Storage Tanks). For questions regarding the regulations and the process to conduct and submit a BEA:  Jeanne Schlaufman 586-753-3823.

    Requests to review/receive a copy of an existing BEA for a specific property contact: