The Michigan Environmental Compliance Conference (MECC) is back!
The Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy will host the 2022 MECC at the Suburban Showplace in Novi, Michigan on April 20-21, 2022.
The 2022 MECC will incorporate an exhibitor showcase and several concurrent tracks covering introductory and advanced compliance topics. The conference will also include an EGLE Assistance area where attendees can meet one-on-one with staff from multiple EGLE programs. If you are an environmental professional in Michigan, you will not want to miss this conference!
Attendee registration will open in January 2022.
Mark your calendar for this important environmental compliance event!
Deadline for Proposals: October 24, 2021
EGLE is seeking a limited number of external presenters to augment the 2022 Michigan Environmental Conference. We invite any interested party to submit a proposal for presentation(s) on the following topics:
- New business: What are my environmental responsibilities?
- How to conduct an environmental audit
- Tools and technology related to scheduling, tracking, and performing of tasks to achieve environmental compliance
- Environmental reporting (determining applicability and compliance -- e.g., Integrated Contingency Plans; Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure Plans; Risk Management Plans; HAZMAT security Plans)
- Case Studies
- in environmental compliance (lessons learned, positive outcome, innovative compliance solutions, etc.)
- in environmental remediation
- 3D Conceptual Site Model. Aids towards effective, affordable remedial strategies
- Land use and resource use agreements, and/or environmental licensing agreements
- Environmental Due Diligence
- Responsible party vs. Owner/Operator Responsibility
- Vapor Intrusion - Phase I, and II ESA
- MS4, Nonpoint Source, and Groundwater Surface Water Interface (GSI)
- Conducting assessments of infrastructure vulnerability to flooding and/or climate change (specifically for industrial applications)
- Innovations in air quality modeling or monitoring
- Complying with air permit testing requirements
Note: All presentations will be 40 minutes including time for audience questions and answers. Presentations should not be used to promote, sell, or market a product/service.
The deadline for submission is October 24, 2021. Those who submit accepted proposals will be notified by mid-November. All primary presenters will receive a complimentary full conference registration.
Submit a presentation proposal at www.surveymonkey.com/r/2022MECC-Call.