Water Resources Division

people swimming and fishingOrganization Chart ♦ Phone List ♦ District Office Contact Information
Information Guide (Who Does What) ♦ Statutes and Rules graphic 
High Water Levels MiWaters ♦ MiWaters Contacts

The Water Resources Division (WRD) protects and monitors Michigan's waters - swimmable, fishable, fish safe to eat, and healthy aquatic ecosystems. 

Please send comments or suggestions to WRD, Box 30458, Lansing, MI, 48909-7958, 517-284-5567.

Program Links

Executive Section
Oil Spill Clean-up 
Aquatic Invasive Species

Permits Section
Aquatic Nuisance Control 
Groundwater Discharge 
NPDES Permits 
Storm Water 
Water Use/Withdrawal 

Surface Water Assessment Section 
Assessment of Michigan Waters 
Beach Water Monitoring 
Great Lakes Areas of Concern
Great Lakes Coordination Program
Inland Lakes Monitoring 
Nonpoint Source Pollution 
Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDL)
Water Quality Standards



Field Operations Sections
Coastal Management
Dam Safety 
Dredging Projects 
Flood Discharges 
Floodplain Management 
High Risk Erosion Areas 
Hydrologic Data
Industrial Pretreatment (IPP) 
Inland Lakes and Streams Protection 
Joint Permit Application
Low Flow Discharges 
National Flood Insurance 
Wastewater Operator Certifications 
Part 5 Rules/Pollution Incident Prevention Plan (PIPP) 
Part 41 Wastewater Construction Permit 
Request a Discharge
Sand Dune Protection 
Sanitary and Combined Sewers 
Shoreland Management 
Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control
Submerged Lands
Submerged Logs 
Subdivision Floodplain
Transportation Review
Wetlands Protection

Staff Maps 
Biosolids staff
CAFO staff 
CSO/SSO staff
Dam Safety staff 
Floodplain staff 
Groundwater Discharge staff
Industrial Pretreatment (IPP) staff 
IPP PFAS staff
Industrial Storm Water (ISW) staff 
ISW Emerging Pollutants staff
Land/Water Permits staff 
Municipal Storm Water (MS4) staff
Nonpoint Source (NPS) staff
NPDES (Surface Water) Discharge staff
Part 41 Wastewater staff
PFAS in Biosolids staff
PIPP and Part 5 Pollution staff
Sand Dune (HREA & CDA) staff 
SESC & Construction Storm Water staff
Transportation Hydraulics staff 
Transportation Permits staff 

This page can be accessed as www.michigan.gov/wrd.