The MiDEAL Advantage
The MiDEAL Extended Purchasing Program provides opportunities for members to leverage the contracts established by the State of Michigan. The program is open to Michigan cities, townships, villages, counties, school districts, universities, community colleges and nonprofit hospitals. Watch a video about the MiDEAL Program on our YouTube Channel.
Benefits to members:
- Best Value Purchasing Process
The State evaluates a vendor's experience, qualifications, service and delivery - ensuring a fair price and high-quality contract.
- Time and Money Savings
Members save on the duplication of administrative costs and the time needed to find the right contractor.
- Extensive Portfolio
Members have access to approximately 400 competitively bid State contracts.
- Support for Michigan Businesses
Michigan businesses hold the majority of the State's contracts.
- All Departments Benefit
Staff in all departments of an organization may participate in the program once the membership is activated.
- Direct Vendor Contact
Members work directly with the vendor to secure the goods and services.
Join the MiDEAL Program and Start Saving
Send the following information to MiDEAL@michigan.gov to apply for membership: organization name, contact name, mailing address, contact phone number, and email address. After applying, the MiDEAL staff will send a welcome packet, member invoice and a one-page member agreement. Contact Mary Hanses with questions at 517.388.4558.
Membership is available for a nominal annual fee. Click here to learn more about the fees.
How to Use a Contract
- Visit the Contracts webpage to view the contracts available to MiDEAL Members.
- Make direct contact with the designated vendor to make a purchase.
- If you don't find the contract you need, contact us to see if we can help.
Important notes on using contracts:
- The state has not determined or can guarantee that MiDEAL contracts will meet local purchasing ordinances or policies.
- The following actions are a violation of the MiDEAL Extended Purchasing Program and are grounds for removal from the program:
- Purchases made for personal use or consumption by any individual public employee.
- Purchasing from MiDEAL contracts with the sole intent to resell the item.