Share your thoughts with the DNR at upcoming meetings
May 24, 2021
The Department of Natural Resources is committed to providing Michigan residents the opportunity to share input and ideas on policy decisions, programs and other aspects of natural resource management and outdoor recreation opportunities.
One important avenue for this input is at meetings of the public bodies that advise the DNR and, in some cases, also set policies for natural resource management. Frequently check the DNR boards, commissions, committees and councils webpage for updates.
The links below will take you to the webpage for each group, where you will find specific location or virtual and teleconference meeting information. When finalized, meeting agendas also will be available here. Please check these pages frequently, as meeting details (such as a change to in person rather than virtual) and agendas may change and sometimes meetings are canceled.
- Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee - Thursday, June 17, 9 a.m. (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135).
- Eastern Upper Peninsula Citizens' Advisory Council - Thursday, June 17, 6 p.m. EDT (Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey, 906-226-1331).
- Michigan Historical Commission - Thursday, June 10, 10 a.m. (Contact: Michelle Davis, 517-331-7374).
- Michigan Natural Resources Commission - Thursday, June 10, 9 a.m. (Contact: Victoria Lischalk, 517-599-1067).
- Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund Board - Wednesday, June 16, 9 a.m. (Contact: Jon Mayes, 517-284-5954).
- Michigan State Historical Records Advisory Board - Thursday, June 17, 10 a.m. (Contact: Mark Harvey, 517-449-5885).
- Michigan State Parks Advisory Committee - Wednesday, June 9, 2 p.m., (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135).
- Michigan State Waterways Commission - Thursday, June 17, 9 a.m., (Contact: Michelle Wieber, 517-285-0747).
- Outdoor Recreation Advisory Council - Thursday, June 24, 3:30 to 5 p.m. (Contact: Pam Vance, 517-284-6056).
- Snowmobile Advisory Workgroup - Wednesday, June 23, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Contact: Annalisa Centofanti, 517-331-6219).
- Timber and Forest Products Advisory Council - Friday, June 18, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. (Contact: Kimberley Korbecki, 517-284-5876).
Opportunity to serve
- The Off-Road Vehicle Advisory Workgroup, which assists the Michigan Trails Advisory Council, is seeking interested candidates to fill a vacant seat. The new member will offer advice related to the creation, development, operation and maintenance of the designated off-road trail system. For more information or to apply, call or email Anna Centofanti at 517-331-6219.