Information for applicants interested in collecting or working on state land

ATTENTION: A Scientific Collector's Permit does NOT authorize legal access to or use of DNR-managed public lands. For any potential activities taking place in Michigan's state forests, state parks, state recreation areas or state game areas, a land use permit may also be required in addition to the Scientific Collector's Permit. There is no application fee for scientific collectors to secure a state land use permit and obtaining the permit will help ensure that conflicting uses on state lands will be minimized during your research or collection activities. On the State Land Use application, under the type of use, choose "other" and specify "scientific collectors permit".