Council for the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect of Jackson County
Prevention Area Served: Jackson County
Grant Tier: 3 ($20,000)
Website: Council for the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect of Jackson County
606 Greenwood Place
Jackson, MI 49203
Coordinator: Travis Barnett
Some programs offered by Jackson County Local Council, include:
- Parenting Classes - Free for families with children aged birth to 5.
- Stewards of Children - Child sexual abuse prevention training for adults.
- Period of PURPLE Crying - For parents and caregivers of infants to prevent shaken baby syndrome.
- Truancy Prevention - Classes and assessmetns for parents and students, a collaboration with the Jackson Family Court.
- Informational Fairs and Community Events - Distribute child safety and parent education materials to the Jackson Community.
- Annual Professional Trainings - For social workers, teachers, and other professionals.
- Mandated reporter trainings - Offered in conjunction with the Department of Human Services - recognizing and reporting suspected maltreatment to Child Protective Services.