File By Telephone
Once you become unemployed, you can file a new claim or reopen an existing claim for benefits by calling our special toll-free telephone number
Call toll-free 1-866-500-0017
TTY callers: 1-866-366-0004
|Last 2 Digits
of SS Number
|Call In Day and Time|
|00-15||Mon 8 a.m. to Noon|
|16-33||Mon 12:30 to 4:30 p.m.|
|34-48||Tues 8 a.m. to Noon|
|49-66||Tues 12:30 to 4:30 p.m.|
|67-81||Wed 8 a.m. to Noon|
|82-99||Wed 12:30 to 4:30 p.m.|
|If you are unable to call at appointed time.|
|OPEN CALL IN||Thurs & Fri 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m|
The last two digits of your Social Security number determine your calling day and time.
Example, if your Social Security number ends in 50, you would phone on Tuesday afternoon.
If you cannot call on the appointed day and time, open times are Thursday or Friday from 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. .
To file a claim by phone, you will need:
- Your Social Security Number
- And your Driver's License Number
- OR State Identification
- OR your MARVIN PIN (if you have one)
- If you are NOT a U.S. citizen or national, you will need your Alien Registration Number and the expiration date of your work authorization.
- The names and addresses of employers you have worked for in the past 18 months
- Your quarterly gross earnings
- Last date of employment for each employer