The Michigan Talent Investment Agency operates the unemployment insurance program. This program provides temporary income for workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own. The program is funded through unemployment taxes paid by employers.
MILogin for Citizens
Coming soon, Pure Michigan Talent Connect (PMTC) and the Unemployment Insurance system via the Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM) will align their systems with the existing MILogin for Citizens single sign-on platform to provide a seamless login experience and provide UI claimants a quick overview of claim information.
New and existing users of PMTC and MiWAM will need to register their accounts with MILogin for Citizens single sign-on upon implementation. With MILogin for Citizens, customers can log in to their MiWAM and jobseeker accounts using the same user ID and password. Bringing these accounts together in one place is convenient, efficient and secure, and will help our customers get back to work faster.
Additional details will be coming soon.
Also coming soon:
Updates to Go Green will add more convenience and transparency. Claimants and employers will receive an acknowledgement when they opt to Go Green and receive correspondence from TIA-UI electronically. This means standard letters, forms or notices will be placed in their MiWAM account. For added convenience and efficiency, customers will receive notification by postal mail with a clear explanation of what it means to Go Green. They will also receive an email alerting them to check their account for new correspondence.
Claimants and employers will now be required to verify their contact information when they log into MiWAM. New "Verify Employer/Claimant Contact Information" screens will ask employers and claimants to verify their contact information, including address, phone number and email address. You must confirm that you have reviewed and updated your contact information before you can proceed with your login.
Click here for the Fall 2018 edition of the Michigan Employer Advisor.
We have extended our service hours! UI customer service phone lines are now available Monday through Wednesday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. and 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursday and Friday. For in-person assistance, unemployment Insurance local offices in Detroit, Grand Rapids, Saginaw and Lansing will be open from 7 AM to 5 PM on Mondays, 8 AM to 7PM on Tuesday and Wednesday, and 8 AM to 5 PM on Thursday and Friday. All other local offices will be open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Click here for a list of local offices.
- What You Should Know When Claiming Benefits
- Eligibility Requirements
- Information needed to file a claim
- The Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM)
- A Handbook for Unemployed Workers - Unemployment Benefits in Michigan
- Access Your 1099-G Online
- Career Opportunities
- UIA 1251 Online Claim Filing Kit
- Fact Sheet 166 - Protecting Unemployment Benefits from Identity Theft
- New Address for Employee Wage Garnishment Payments (8/2017)
- UI Employer Services Brochure
- Office of Employer Ombudsman
- About Unemployment Insurance
- Manage Your Tax Account
- Employer Handbook (November 2014)
- Taxes & Tax Credits
- Michigan Unemployment Tax Credit
- Taxable Wage Base
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit Program
- State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES) E-Response
- Notice to Employers and Claimants Concerning Medical Marijuana
- Work Share Program
- Employer Webcasts
- Client Level Reporting Toolkit for Professional Employer Organizations
- Legislative Information
- State of Michigan Business Taxes Registration Booklet, Form 518
- Employer eRegistration
- Fact Sheet 167 - Protecting your Business and Employees from Identity Theft
- New Lien Process and Recording Fees