Annual Tax Returns: The Michigan Department of Treasury began processing returns and associated payments in 2017 on behalf of the City of Detroit. Beginning with the 2016 tax year, all annual returns and payments must be sent to the Michigan Department of Treasury.
- Calendar Filers: Due on the 15th day of the 4th month after the tax year ends.
- Fiscal Filers: Due on the 15th day of the 4th month after the tax year ends.
Estimated Payments for Taxes: All estimated payments, beginning with the 2017 tax year, should be made to the Michigan Department of Treasury.
* Note: Review changes to due dates for this tax.
- The first payment for a calendar year filer must be filed on or before April 15. The estimated tax is payable in equal installments on or before April 15, June 15, September 15, and January 15.
- The first payment for a fiscal year filer must be filed on or before the 15th day of the 4th month of the fiscal year. For example: If your fiscal year begins on April 1, your first payment will be due on July 15. Remaining installments will then be due on the 15th day of the 6th, 9th and 13th months of the fiscal year.
- Electronic: E-File though approved tax-filing software options
- Paper: Returns can be sent by mail to Treasury using forms from Treasury’s forms Web site, or by printing and mailing your return when using approved tax preparation software.
- EFT- Credit
- EFT- Debit
- Monthly/Quarterly Payments by paper check, mailed with form
- Annual Returns Payments by paper check