The Michigan Automated Tax System (MiMATS) – Treasury’s new Tobacco tax processing system will begin July 30, 2018. The last date to file in the current system will be July 20th, 2018.
What You Need To Know
- Tobacco Tax Electronic Filing Program
- Notice Regarding Cigarette Rolling Machines
- Prevent All Cigarette Trafficking (PACT) Act
- Notice to AT/ST Dual Licensees' How to File Your Tobacco Tax Returns
- Blunt Wrap Reporting Notice
- Brand Identification Notice for Shipping Papers Invoices
- Consumer Warning Notice for Tobacco Retailers
- License Information
- It's A Crime!
It's a crime to purchase cigarette's and other tobacco products by mail, over the internet, or in any other way unless the seller is properly licensed by the State of Michigan and each cigarette pack is affixed with a Michigan tobacco stamp. Violations are punishable by up to five years imprisonment, along with seizures of assets from anyone possessing illegally purchased cigarettes.