Buying a vehicle from a foreign country

If the vehicle was manufactured for sale in the United States, you will need the proper ownership documents, a stamped U.S. Customs and Border Protection "Entry Summary" CPB 7501 form, proof of Michigan no-fault insurance, and identification to title and register the vehicle in Michigan.

If the vehicle wasn’t manufactured for sale in the U.S., there are several compliance documents you will need to bring the vehicle into the country.