Does the IRP Unit take credit cards?

Yes. The IRP Office accepts Master Card, Visa, and Discover debit and credit cards. The IRP Office also accepts checks, cash, money orders and COMcheck. Checks, money orders and COMchecks should be made out to the State of Michigan.

If you process your IRP transactions online at CARS e-Services, you have the option to pay by e-check or credit card.

There is a processing fee when paying by debit or credit card at the IRP Office or online.



If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.